Additional Fees

Prior to my accepting services from BrightStar care, I confirmed with them that there would be no out-of-pocket charges after BlueCross BlueShield paid their portion.I was told that since my co-payment was under a certain amount that I would not be billed anything.

Only because of this, I accepted their services. I had the option to decline but chose not to since it would not cost me anything. Now, a year later, I'm still receiving bills from them and Jill C. Hudson, the Billing & Payroll Manager in Austin is denying that this conversation ever took place.

This is a case of bait & switch and it is not legal. They are now threatening to send this to a collections agency. What kind of company would directly lie to the customer???

This is bad business...Be aware of BrightStar - what a SCAM...

This reviewer shared experience about "company lied and said there would be no charges to get my business and then charged me." and wants this business to "honor their original promise and not charge me after telling me they wouldn't (after insurance portion was paid)" as the author lost $238. The author is overall dissatisfied with Bright Star Care. The most disappointing about bright star care customer care from Bright Star Care was company lied about charges up front and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Bright Star Care.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors category for more informed decision or compare Bright Star Care to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with BrightStar Care?

Comments

Round Rock, Texas, United States #1229420

This issue has been resolved with this patient.Like all medical providers, BrightStar accepts insurance payments based on individual plans.

Patients are always responsible for co-insurance and deductibles based on the insurance plan they have.

-BrightStar management